The following information is in reference to a SIMULATED incident taking place in Mesa County. This is only a drill. More information about this drill can be found at here.
Incident Management Team (IMT) is working to stabilize the incident. The objectives for today are:
1. Provide for responders and public safety.
2. Assist local agencies and the Department of Energy (DOE) to stabilize the accident site and facilitate product recovery/removal.
3. Mitigate hazards if they exist to the residents, agriculture and livestock.
4. Provide timely information exchange to the Mesa County JIC and post relevant items to WebEOC.
5. Maintain security around the National Security Area.
6. Continue recovery actions.
7. Manage the incident in a cost effective manner to maximize cost effectiveness.
8. Minimize, to the extent possible, the socio-economic impacts to the city and county from this incident.
9. Continue monitoring actions.
Updated information will be posted at www.mesacountyjic.com throughout the duration of this incident. Please check this website often to get the latest information. You can also enter your email address on the website to receive email notifications anytime new information is posted.
People in Mesa County can also dial 211 from a landline phone or 970-244-8400 from a mobile phone for the latest information on this incident.
There may be times during critical incidents when first responders need to contact you directly during the emergency. To register your phone number, mobile device and/or email with the Mesa County Emergency Notification System so that you can receive notifications from the 911 dispatch center during critical incidents please visit www.gjcity.org/EmergencyNotifications.