The following information is in reference to a SIMULATED incident taking place in Mesa County. This is only a drill. More information about this drill can be found at here.
- The crash happened at 7:03am at mile marker 32 on I-70.
- Two tractor-trailers and 3 passenger vehicles were involved
- Shelter in place remains in effect for a 1.5 mile radius around the crash site
- Hazardous materials crews are monitoring the air to ensure it is safe, however as a precaution we are asking people inside the radius to stay inside their homes or businesses
- A temporary flight restriction is in place over the site of the crash
A news conference is scheduled for 3:30pm today at the Grand Junction Police Department.
Updated information will be posted at www.mesacountyjic.com throughout the duration of this incident. Please check this website often to get the latest information. You can also enter your email address on the website to receive email notifications anytime new information is posted.
People in Mesa County can also dial 211 from a landline phone or 970-244-8400 from a mobile phone for the latest information on this incident.
There may be times during critical incidents when first responders need to contact you directly during the emergency. To register your phone number, mobile device and/or email with the Mesa County Emergency Notification System so that you can receive notifications from the 911 dispatch center during critical incidents please visit www.gjcity.org/EmergencyNotifications.